Morningstar TrisStar TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB-TR > 60 Amp, (600V DC for 48V Battery) Charge Controller w/ DC Transfer Switch w/RTS
Part Number: TS-MPPT-60-600V-48
Controller Type: MPPT
Length: 39.20 IN
Width: 22.10 IN
Thickness: 14.10 IN
PDF-Datasheet: Download Here
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller (TS-MPPT-600V) is a brand new addition to our world-leading TriStar MPPT solar controller family, which was first introduced in 2009 and has become the MPPT controller of choice for many large, global, off-grid PV applications. The TS-MPPT-600V leverages Morningstar’s innovative TrakStar™ MPPT technology and our 20+ years of power electronics engineering excellence, to deliver the widest PV input operating voltage range available in a PV controller. Morningstar’s TrakStar MPPT technology enables the TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller to harvest the maximum energy from the solar array or wind turbine. The high-speed sweeping algorithm minimizes power loss and provides full visibility of the entire power curve from open circuit to battery voltage; ensuring the maximum power point is chosen under all ambient conditions.
The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller uses advanced power electronics to efficiently utilize up to 600 Voc (open circuit voltage) PV or wind to charge 48 Vdc battery systems. Rated for 60 Amps, our TriStar MPPT 600V controller does much more than efficiently charge batteries; it also provides remote communications, data logging, adjustability and metering. In fact, the TriStar MPPT 600V controller is the only 600-volt PV controller to offer open communication protocols and true Ethernet-enabled functionality.
The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller may be purchased with or without a pre-wired DC Disconnect Box. The pre-wired DC Disconnect Box version (model TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB) is acceptable for use with positively-grounded or negatively-grounded PV systems and helps to save on installation time and cost.
Key Features & Benefits
Morningstar’s products are built from the inside out to deliver more than twice the industry average operating life. The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller delivers high reliability and excellent performance and features:
- The industry’s best-in-class power efficiency.
- Morningstar’s advanced 4-stage charging algorithm to optimize battery health
- Robust thermal, mechanical and electrical design
- Environmentally optimized and equipped with extensive electronic protections
- Industry standard open communication protocols and interfaces for system networking, monitoring and communications
- Superior lightning protection from nearby lightning-induced voltage/current spikes
The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller’s high voltage capability and flexible design enable several application scenarios including:
- Off-grid PV systems greater than 150 Voc with long wire runs from the array to the controller
- New installation grid-tie PV systems with battery back-up
- Retrofitting string PV inverter systems to later add battery back-up without changing the PV array configuration
- Battery-based Wind systems