Morningstar Ground Fault Protection Device GFPD-600V for 600V (For Use w/ TS-MPPT-600v Only)
Ground Fault Protection Device
Morningstar’s Ground Fault Protection Device products are built to provide a superior solution to ground fault protection for both off-grid and on-grid PV systems. The GFPD products’ are available in two model versions (GFPD-150V and GFPD-600V) to support 150V and 600V PV system breaker stacks.
Morningstar’s GFPD increases safety and design flexibility in off-grid and on-grid PV systems. Ground fault protection is used in electrical systems to prevent current from following any unintended paths during a ground fault. It is critical to detect any stray current and to interrupt (break) the circuit until safe operation can be restored. A current imbalance between the conductors of a circuit indicates a ground fault. When a ground fault is detected, Morningstar’s GFPD breaks the circuit on both the positive and the negative legs and ensures interruption of the ground fault current better than other solutions on the market.
Key Features & Benefits
Maintains the integrity of earth bond for battery and loads. Trips at lower fault current with greater accuracy. Breaks both conductors in the faulted circuit and completely isolates PV source circuits. Does not require an extra warning label at the battery as per U.S. National Electric Code requirements. Provides design flexibility to meet a wide range of configurations:
- Positive and negative ground Large and small arrays
- Makes it easier to locate and troubleshoot ground faults
- Powered via the PV system’s battery bank
- Equipped with both visual and audible alarms
- Built to support both single controller and multiple controllers systems
- Morningstar’s GFPD will only shut off affected controllers, while maintaining the system earth bond
- All loads will continue to operate safely with the battery remaining bonded
- Multiple controllers and GFPDs can be added on an as-needed basis